Welcome to the Out On The Shelves Library Catalogue!
What Can You Do On The Catalogue?
- Advanced Search: Click the “Advanced search” button near the top of the page to check out the contents of our catalogue. Enter your own search terms to find content suited to your interests.
- Read or create lists: You can use the “Lists” button at the very top of the page to check out themed library materials recommended by the Out On The Shelves librarians.
- Make purchase suggestions: If you have suggestions for materials you’d like to see added to our collection, put in a request by clicking the “Purchase suggestions” button. We always love your input!
- View my library account: All library patrons have a library account! Log in with your username and password to view your check-outs, circulation history, private lists, and more. If you are unsure of your log-in information or don’t yet have a library card, stop by the library and one of our volunteers can help you.
Want To Know More About Us?Check out our about page for information about accessibility, getting a library card, our mission and values, and our history.
Taking Out Materials, Returning Materials, and Overdue MaterialsBooks and DVDs may be taken out for an initial 3 weeks and renewed a maximum of 3 times. Reference materials and oversize art books are not allowed to be checked out. The maximum number of items you can have checked out at once is 10 items; 4 of those items can be DVDs. You can return items to the library at any time; even if we are not open, there is a box where you can place items. We do not charge fees for overdue materials but we do take steps to ensure that items are returned. Overdue notices will be sent to you via email and/or phone (you may choose which of the two options you prefer when you sign up for a library card). Items that are over 3 weeks overdue are considered lost. The Out On The Shelves Library reserves the right to charge a fine to replace lost, stolen, or damaged items. To replace a lost or damaged item, a fee of the retail price of the item will apply. We will also accept replacement copies in good condition for lost or damaged items.
We are always gratefully accepting donations of books and DVDs with LGBTQ2IA+ content. You can check out our wishlist for specific titles we need. We are especially looking for items:
- Published in the last 10 years (or older ones with historical importance)
- Written by authors of colour
- Featuring bisexual, trans, two-spirit, intersex, and asexual characters and/or written by BT2IA authors
Please drop off donations when the library is open!
The Out On The Shelves Library is located at Room 2112, AMS Student Nest, 6133 University Blvd, Vancouver B.C. V6T 1Z1.
Because we are entirely volunteer-run, we occasionally experience gaps in our schedule. We apologize for the inconvenience, and encourage you to check the website before visiting!